A look at Morpheus8
Morpheus8 is a minimally invasive, bipolar radiofrequency (RF) treatment that takes traditional microneedling to the next level. The addition of radiofrequency energy allows the microneedling to penetrate and impact your skin deeper and more effectively. But why? Because, as we age, skin loses elasticity. Wrinkles, lines, and sagging appear. Morpheus8 stimulates collagen production to tighten and smooth wrinkles; slim, and rejuvenate the face, neck, and body; and remodels contours of the jawline and chin area for a more sculpted look.
Morpheus8 is a powerful, comprehensive tool for addressing aging and sagging skin, unwanted fat, cellulite, sun-damaged, or scarred skin.
- Unlike regular microneedling or other RF devices, Morpheus8 uses both technologies and channels its radiofrequency through microneedles to sculpt and stimulate the tissue layer beneath the skin. The thermal heat can destroy unwanted fat cells or break up scarring while prompting collagen and elastin production, leading to a smoother appearance.
- It’s a fractional skin remodeling treatment, meaning that it targets only a subsection of the skin at a time. This controlled, preferential method skin rejuvenation accelerates the healing process compared with more intensive laser skin resurfacing methods.
- Beyond wrinkles and sagging skin, Morpheu8 can diminish fat in delicate areas. It is great for melting away extra fat underneath the chin, and can even target larger areas such as cellulite on the thighs and buttocks.
We have three handpieces that allow for increased treatment precision:
- Morpheus 8 has 24 small needles that enter the skin to specific depths (4mm, 3mm, 2mm or 1mm). This handpiece is excellent for most facial and neck applications.
- Morpheus 8 Body has 40-pins and allows us to treat larger areas on the body, up to 7mm deep. Since the thermal energy penetrates up to 8mm, this handpiece can break up the fibrous bands and fat that make up cellulite dimples.
- Morpheus8 Prime is a small, 12 pin tip specifically designed for subdermal and dermal remodeling of small, delicate, and hard-to-reach areas. For example, we can treat around the eyes and lips, and on the hands with this handpiece.
Why Morpheus8 is so great
Deeper penetration into your skin translates to more dramatic skin rejuvenation results with fewer sessions than conventional skin treatments that address only the upper layers of the skin. Morpheus8…
- stimulates collagen and elastin production.
- contracts the skin more effectively, as well as increases skin cell turnover.
- results in as little as 3-4 weeks after your first treatment. You’ll see even greater results with consecutive treatments.
- has final results that can last between 1-3 years.
Interested in skin rejuvenation?
Morpheus8 is but one of the skin rejuvenation treatments we offer to help you look your best. We are here to answer your questions and help you choose the right treatment. Please contact our experienced patient coordinators at [email protected] or click here to schedule your confidential consultation.
We have lots of options for you. Click here to see what’s available. ______ Lawrence Iteld, MD, is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and the Illinois Society of Plastic Surgery. A highly regarded Chicago based plastic surgeon, Dr. Iteld has received awards from Chicago Magazine’s Top Docs, and Castle Connolly Top Doctors®, and is a Key Opinion Leader with Allergan Aesthetics.