Breast Lift: It may be the option for you
Why breasts sag
There are three main reasons breasts sag.
- Having kids: Breast tissue stretches during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Afterward, the breast may seem “deflated,” which leads to sagging.
- Weight changes: Just like all other skin, as women gain and lose weight, breasts stretch as well, causing them to lose elasticity and ultimately become droopy.
- Aging: Your breasts aren’t immune to the signs of aging. Just like the rest of the body, breasts change, too. As you age, you lose elastin and have sagging skin; your breasts may sag as well.
Let’s talk about a breast lift
With a breast lift procedure, we can reshape, and rejuvenate your breasts, reposition the nipple and areola, and restore a more youthful appearance. And, depending on what you want and need, a breast lift can be performed as a standalone procedure, or paired with a breast reduction or augmentation. A lift typically deals with sagging breasts, but it can also help deal with excess or stretched skin, as well as downward-pointing or enlarged areolas.
What it involves: A breast lift is a surgical procedure that removes excess skin, reshapes the breast tissue, addresses the size or shape of areolas, when necessary, and repositions nipples to point forward instead of down.
Surgical goal: to give you a natural, youthful, perkier silhouette.
Think about a lift this way:
- If you lost breast volume following pregnancy or weight loss, you may want breast augmentation and a breast lift to regain, enhance, or reshape your breasts.
- If your breasts are large and heavy, sag, and cause you back pain, as well have difficulty finding clothing and you’re self-conscience about how you look, breast reduction combined with a lift may provide the right combination for you.
- If you like the size and shape of your breasts but are unhappy with what gravity has done to them, a lift by itself may solve the problem.
Whatever your objective, let us help you plan the procedure that best suits your needs.
Ready to talk about a breast lift?
Please contact my patient coordinators at [email protected] to schedule a confidential consultation.
Located in Chicago’s Lincoln Park, our offices are a warm, friendly and comfortable place to share your wants, needs and concerns.
Coming soon: our new and expanded offices at 939 W North Avenue, Suite 600, Chicago!