Facial Wrinkles FAQs
Patients often ask me about their facial wrinkles and how can I make them go away, as well as stop new ones from forming. If you’re not happy with the way your skin looks, you’re actually in luck. In recent years, more effective options have emerged that help patients look younger and refreshed with fewer lines and wrinkles.
Causes of facial wrinkles
Before talking about solutions, let’s review the main causes of facial wrinkles.
- Aging is the most common cause of wrinkles. As we age and our face loses fat/volume, sagging and drooping occur, and wrinkles form.
- Heredity plays a key role in facial wrinkles. For example, some of my younger patients complain about having 11s — you know, the lines between the eyebrows. If you have those lines and look at photos of your parents and grandparents, you’ll most likely see those same lines.
- Lifestyle plays a key role. Sun exposure (UVA/UVB/UVC and infrared rays damage), smoking, pollution, and other toxic substances can form free radicals within skin cells. These break down healthy cells, slowing down the production of collagen and elastin, which leads to fine lines and wrinkles.
Treating facial wrinkles
The best treatment for you depends on your goals, health, underlying skin conditions, and genetics. Also, it’s important to take into consideration healing time, as well as your budget. Here are a few options to consider:
- Neuromodulators — including Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, and Jeuveau — are very popular nonsurgical options for temporarily reducing dynamic facial wrinkles. When injected in just the right place in just the right amount, the targeted muscles gradually relax. This inhibits the contractions that cause facial creases and lines to appear. Results last for months at a time, letting your face appear smoother and more youthful for as long as the effects last.
- Dermal Fillers s are gels based on hyaluronic acid or poly-L-lactic acid. They are injected in small amounts to address age-related changes in the skin. These are great for diminishing facial lines and restoring volume and fullness in the face.
- FaceTite uses Radio Frequency (RF) technology to contour the face and boost collagen production in the skin. It simultaneously melts the fat while tightening moderately lax overlying skin. FaceTite contours your face without incisions and with quick results.
- Morpheus8 combines microneedling with radiofrequency to stimulate collagen production. This procedure tightens and smooths wrinkles including reducing fine lines, tightens lax skin, smooths out rough or uneven skin texture, and more.
And more treatment options
Many of the other procedures we offer have the benefits of reducing wrinkles, including microneedling, medical-grade peels, laser treatments, and InstaLift.
A customized plan just for you
Regardless of what you want to do, start by talking with us and letting us design a customized plan for you. Please contact my patient coordinators to schedule your confidential consultation. Click here or send us an email at [email protected].