Fat Transfer: Available for various body contouring procedures
Imagine losing the fat where you don’t want it and put it where you do. That’s exactly what I do with a fat transfer procedure.
- The first step is to extract the desired body fat via liposuction from other areas of the body — typically the abdomen, flanks, back or thighs.
- We purify the harvested fat to remove broken fat cells (oil) and non-fat fluids. Only the best donor fat cells are used.
- I inject it where it’s needed to achieve your desired appearance. This technique achieves results that look and feel extremely natural.
Several areas are ideal for fat transfer:
Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
Fat transfer is an excellent option for women who are looking for a relatively small increase in breast size (typically ½ – 1 cup size), as well as for correcting minor asymmetry. The benefits of using these techniques include:
- It’s all-natural. You’re not putting any foreign substances in your body.
- You don’t have to worry about potential complications from implants.
- Your breasts will look and feel natural.
- There are almost no scars. During the fat transfer procedure, the fat is removed using small liposuction cannulas and injected into your breasts through very tiny incisions.
Keep in mind that this procedure does not lift the breasts. If you’re dealing with sagging that’s caused by pregnancy, weight loss, aging, or even genetics, you’ll want to consider a breast lift either additionally or with implants.
Butt Lift (commonly referred to as a BBL) may be the right option for you. For this procedure, I transfer your fat from another area of your body and then strategically inject it into your buttocks to help create more fullness and a shapelier contour. I prefer fat transfer over implants since it looks and feels more natural. When performing BBL, safety is a concern and that’s why I only inject fat above the muscle.
Male Body Contouring
For some of our male patients, I perform fat transfer to the chest and shoulders, as well as other areas, thereby further giving men a better-defined contour. When coupled with BodyTite, we can further fine-tune one’s shape.
Hip Dip Fat Transfer
When the skin on the sides of your hips is more tightly attached to a deeper part of your thigh bone, you may have indentations around the curvature from your hips to your thighs. These indentations are known as hip dips. For hip dip procedures, I inject (or even remove) fat from the hip and thigh area to help reduce these indentations and give you a smooth, curved line.
Facial Micro Fat Transfer
Microfat transfer is a great option for patients who want something more permanent than dermal fillers. This minimally invasive procedure restores volume and fills hollow areas. Common treatment areas where micro fat transfer is a good option include:
- Cheeks, lips, and chin
- Shallow scarring from acne, chicken pox or other facial injuries
- Under eye area for minimizing lines and restoring volume
- Deep creases around the mouth and nose
Which fat transfer procedure is right for you?
Dr. Iteld is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and the Illinois Society of Plastic Surgery. A highly regarded Chicago based plastic surgeon, Dr. Iteld has received awards from Chicago Magazine’s Top Docs, and Castle Connolly Top Doctors®.