Mommy Makeover: FAQs
Stretch marks, sagging skin, and lost breast volume won’t fix themselves. You deserve a mommy makeover. Many women come in thinking this is a set procedure. In reality, it’s a customizable combination of procedures to help you get back your pre-pregnancy body. Several procedures may be performed at the same time; others either require additional surgeries and/or nonsurgical procedures we offer in our office.
WHAT is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover involves several surgical procedures where some (if not all) are performed at the same time. There is no set formula for a mommy makeover; rather each is tailored to the patient’s specific needs. It may include breast surgery, a tummy tuck, liposuction, labiaplasty, and Brazilian butt lift. Some patients also include nonsurgical treatments as well, such as Botox and dermal fillers to reduce the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles on their face.
- Breasts change during and following pregnancy. Some women need augmentation to fill out their breasts; others need reduction. In either case, many also need a breast lift to reposition their breasts to a more natural position.
- Body changes are common. Following pregnancy, many women gain weight they can’t lose and almost all women have excess skin. Depending on the patient’s needs, a mommy makeover often includes a tummy tuck with liposuction or just liposuction. For some patients, I also use BodyTite to “melt” fat and tighten moderately lax skin using radiofrequency energy on select areas for targeted body sculpting. BodyTite is not a solution for patients with mild laxity or scars.
- Butts may not change, but as long as patients are having fat removed during liposuction, it’s a great opportunity to purify it and strategically inject it into the buttocks for a BBL.
- Nonsurgical injectables with Botox or one of the other neuromodulators can smooth out those unwanted wrinkles.
WHEN does each procedure happen?
Some procedures can be performed at the same time, for example, breast and tummy tuck procedures can be accomplished as one surgical session. Another example is liposuction with a Brazilian Butt Lift since I can harvest the fat to inject for your BBL. Keep in mind that other procedures require separate surgeries.
WHAT are the benefits?
If you aren’t happy with how your body looks after pregnancy but aren’t sure what benefits you’ll gain by having a mommy makeover, consider these:
- improved body proportions
- more shapely breasts
- a flatter and tighter tummy
- a tight, well-shaped butt
The bottom line: You’ll feel better about your body and how you look in everything you wear.
WHO is a good candidate for a mommy makeover?
The best candidates for a mommy makeover are women who have completed their families, are no longer breastfeeding, and want to reduce the signs that pregnancies and time have taken on their bodies. Keep in mind this is not a weight-loss program nor is it a substitute for exercise. You should be at or close to your ideal weight, physically fit, and in good health. And, as with all surgical procedures, patients must have realistic expectations about their surgical outcomes.
Time to discover your customized mommy makeover
If it’s time to talk with us about your mommy makeover, please contact my patient coordinators at [email protected] to schedule a confidential consultation.
Dr. Iteld is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and the Illinois Society of Plastic Surgery. A highly regarded Chicago based plastic surgeon, Dr. Iteld has received awards from Chicago Magazine’s Top Docs, and Castle Connolly Top Doctors®.