Plastic Surgery Alternatives
You saw “it” on TikTok or Instagram. Your favorite celeb just had “it” done and you want to look the same way. But is the latest and greatest procedure right for you? We get lots of patients requesting a procedure they saw detailed and modeled on social media or in fashion magazines. Many times, however, they don’t qualify for a particular surgery. It’s really important to keep in mind that, even if you’re eligible for a procedure, it’s very hard to mimic the results someone else achieved unless you’re starting at the same point — age, lifestyle, physical architecture, and more. That said, it doesn’t mean we can’t correct/fix/change something that bothers you. There are many options — surgical and nonsurgical procedures — to help you reach your aesthetic goal. Let’s look at a couple of current trends and options you may want to consider.
A hot trend is the surgical subnasal lip lift. Many patients don’t qualify for this procedure. If you do, great! We’ll gladly discuss surgery with you. But, if not, combining nonsurgical treatments, such as neuromodulators with dermal fillers, can achieve similar results. Having either the surgical or nonsurgical approach, you can expect:
- Fuller lips with improved shape
- Reduced fine lines on your upper lip
- More prominent lipline
Your favorite famous people have smooth, unwrinkled tight appearance, but you’re noticing sagging skin on your face. It’s making you look older and tired. It’s important to keep in mind that some of the results you see on others require multiple modalities, for example, a facelift, laser resurfacing, continued facial treatments, and more. A facelift is a surgical procedure that removes and repositions excessive skin, removes fat, and tightens the underlying muscles. But it’s okay if you don’t want surgery. We have nonsurgical options that are performed in the office and have much less downtime:
- FaceTite is radiofrequency (RF) assisted lipolysis that’s minimally invasive and is the next best alternative to facelifts without invasive surgery. It’s great for contouring the face and neck.
- Silhouette InstaLift: Using Micro-Suspension Technology™, it is a nonsurgical treatment that Immediately lifts your mid-facial skin including sagging cheeks and deeper nasolabial folds, as well as boosts volume by activating your natural collagen production over time.
- Morpheus8: Add radiofrequency to Microneedling and you get an innovative technique that promotes collagen regeneration in deep layers to increase the skin’s thickness. This helps your face look smoother, fuller, and more youthful.
- AlmaHybrid combines an ablative CO2 laser with a non-ablative 1570nm laser. It is a great way to treat fine lines and wrinkles. It’s effective in resurfacing the skin while remaining safe for most skin types and reducing overall downtime.
Your best option is to schedule a confidential consultation and let us work with you to determine what you want to accomplish and the most effective way to achieve it. Please contact my patient coordinators by clicking here or sending us an email at [email protected].