Male Body Contouring: Options to meet your needs
As we celebrate Men’s Health Awareness Month, it’s a good time to focus on popular procedures and options for men that can help you look your best. Many of my male patients come to our practice wanting to discuss the things about their bodies that bother them and are ready to seek options. So can you! A man’s body is not the same as a woman. That’s why we tailor our male body contouring procedures for the male anatomy. To that end, we offer a full range of plastic surgery and nonsurgical options tailored to our male patients’ needs.
Surgical procedures available for men
Here are the most popular body contouring procedures our male patients request:
- Liposuction: My male patients request Liposuction more than any other body contouring procedure. They want a more athletic shape, not a curvy body! I remove fat from specific areas of the body, including the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms, and neck.
- Fat Transfer: For some patients, I perform fat transfer to the chest and shoulders, thereby further giving men a better-defined contour. When coupled with BodyTite, we can further fine-tune one’s shape.
- Tummy Tuck: For patients who have experienced weight loss, a tummy tuck may be the right solution to remove the excess skin.
- Male Breast Reduction: Gynecomastia is extremely common, and we have several ways to treat it. This surgery reduces breast size in men. It flattens and enhances the chest contours.
Some men may act tough, but that doesn’t mean you should deal with unnecessary pain. My carefully crafted narcotics-free protocol is designed so you don’t have to worry about pain that won’t exist. This allows you to concentrate on healing without unneeded pain and the unwanted side effects of narcotics.
Not ready for or don’t want surgery? That’s okay. We are pleased to provide customized nonsurgical options to meet your needs.
- Liposuction Alternatives: Fat you can’t lose no matter how much you diet or work out. Consider CoolSculpting. It freezes and destroys small pockets of fat.
- BodyTite: Reduce fat and tighten skin at the same time. This in-office minimally invasive procedure uses radiofrequency energy that simultaneously melts fat while tightening moderately lax overlying skin. For small areas, I use the AccuTite to tighten your skin.
Your next step
Dr. Iteld is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and the Illinois Society of Plastic Surgery. A highly regarded Chicago based plastic surgeon, Dr. Iteld has received awards from Chicago Magazine’s Top Docs, and Castle Connolly Top Doctors®