Oh no, it’s Tech Neck
You see it everywhere — in homes and offices, while walking down the street, riding public transportation, in stores, at airports, or standing in line — people texting on their smartphones. Americans spend almost six hours a day with digital media, of which over half is on non-voice activities. How many hours a day do you spend texting on your phone or looking down at your laptop? It’s no wonder you have “Tech Neck!” This used to refer only to the neck pain associated with the repetitive strain to neck and shoulder including stiffness, and soreness. But you’ve started to notice something else — wrinkles!
What to do about those neck wrinkles?
No matter your age, you can see neck wrinkles and, if you want them gone, we have a variety of options that can help.
- Yes. Neuromodulators, such as Botox®, Jeuveau™, Xeomin®, and Dysport®, are effective at temporarily relaxing and softening neck wrinkles. This won’t change your texting behavior, but will help you look smoother, and give your neck a younger look.
- CoolSculpting is not just for your belly. If you have excess neck fat and it’s contributing to those unwanted wrinkles, consider CoolSculpting to freeze away that fat.
- Some patients may benefit from having a medical-grade peel to “erase” light neck wrinkles. As the smoother skin underneath heals and grows, your skin looks smoother.
- Patients often ask about laser treatments for their wrinkles. The good news is we have the Candela Nordlys system with both Ellipse IPL and Frax 1550. Ellipse IPL is unique with narrowband technology defined by dual filters and sub-millisecond pulses for exceptional skin rejuvenation. Frax 1550 is a non-ablative fractional laser treatment that’s great for skin resurfacing.
- FaceTite is an FDA-cleared, nonsurgical solution for Tech Neck among other problems. It uses radiofrequency energy to simultaneously “melt” fat and tighten the moderately lax overlying skin. FaceTite contours your face without incisions.
- Morpheus8 marries microneedling with radiofrequency energy to stimulate collagen production, resulting in tighter and smoother skin.
- Silhouette InstaLift lifts the middle face. Having said that, lifting that part of your face, also can lift/tighten your neck. That makes it a great option for patients who want to address drooping skin and deep wrinkles on an outpatient basis since we perform this quick alternative to a facelift in the office.
When neither nonsurgical nor minimally invasive options are enough, we are pleased to offer surgical solutions for those pesky neck wrinkles:
- Chin Lipo is a surgical way to get rid of your double chin and smooth out your jawline.
- Neck Lift is the ultimate solution for sagging skin and deep neck wrinkles. It tightens and removes excessive skin, and gives you a younger, refreshed look.