Ways to erase those unwanted lips lines and wrinkles
Patients come to us with concerns about the wrinkles, folds, and creases around their mouth and the lips lines that have become pronounced.
Causes of lip lines
Lip lines are actually vertical wrinkles that develop along and above your upper lip. Unfortunately, they are are part of the natural aging process. As you age, you naturally lose collagen and elastin that create supple, smooth and hydrated skin. But your lifestyle choices can create deeper lip lines and make them more pronounced.
The main causes of lines include:
- Genetics, if your parents or grandparents have pronounced lip lines you may notice similar changes on you.
- Repetitive movements like pursing your lips, sipping through a straw, and puckering up for all those selfies.
- Lack of sleep.
- Sun damage.
- Excessive alcohol consumption.
There is good news! We have various solutions to deal with those unwanted lip lines. You can’t permanently lose them, but treatments can reduce or temporarily improve the look of your lips.
- Smooth out the wrinkles with a neuromodulator, such as Botox or Daxxify. This is very effective if you have shallow lines and want to soften their appearance. You can even couple this with a lip flip, which gives your upper lip a fuller look without increasing its volume.
- Fill in those lines with a dermal filler such as Juvéderm, Restylane, RHA, or PRF EZ Gel. All our fillers are a well-studied, safe and effective way to restore volume and make your lips look more youthful.
- Laser lines away to resurface the skin and remove or at least reduce lip lines. We’ll be able to smooth even the deepest lines and you’ll see fewer lines for a longer time.
- Stimulate collagen and elastin production with an aesthetic treatment, such as dermabrasion or chemical peels. A great choice is microneedling or even more powerful Morpheus 8, microneedling with radiofrequency.
- Combine solutions to achieve your desired results. Some patients only need neuromodulators or fillers. Yet some benefit from having two or more treatments.
Time to schedule your lip line treatment
A consultation is your first step to see what treatment will be your best option to address your lip lines and wrinkles. Please contact our experienced patient coordinators at [email protected] or call 312.757.4505 to schedule your yours or set up an appointment for one of these lip treatments or any of the youthful rejuvenation procedures we provide.